Monday 22 September 2014

Ahoy there me hearties! Arrhh!




September 19th was International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Room 10 had some pirate fun and there were a few rogue characters loose in the classroom as well. Read about some of the highlights...

On Friday I was One-eyed Eddie the Talkative. We had a teacher called Captain Mean Matthews. We played Pirates and the Gold, which is like Dog and the Bone but with pirates and gold. Instead of having Jelly Bean Moments, we had Skull and Crossbone Moments. By Mathias

On Friday I was Scrawny Gertrude the Dangerous. I really enjoyed making the pirate hats and the pirate treasure maps. By Nina

I was Sneaky Thomas the Dangerous on pirate day. We did an activity called Pirate and the Gold. By Rama

I was Marooned Tabitha the Smelly. We did a work sheet and we had to write it using four pirate names. We had to say what jobs they did that they were useless at. I wrote...
There's Pirate Koo-koo, who steers the ship's wheel with his leg and Pirate Lucy who digs for Juicies. 
By Sharnika

Arrhh! my hearties!  My pirate name was Pirate Death Danger. We made a pirate hat. Mine was the best! By Reicoe

Just as well Scrawny Tabitha added her commas, she won't be walking the plank this time!
I be off to find the treasure!

2 comments:

  1. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. It sounds like you all had a great day on Friday. Thanks so much Captain Mean Mathews - ye be the best at keeping all the dirty rotten scoundrels in Room 10 busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Perry, do you know any other classrooms that did International Talk Like a Pirate Day?

    ReplyDelete