Monday 3 November 2014

Oh Brother, I Won't Do This Again! By Mathias


Today is school photo day. I must look my best. The minute I wake up, things start going wrong...

"Wake up" said Dad. I climb out of bed. On the very top rung of my ladder, I slip and... CRASH!!! I had crashed through the floor! "Where am I?" I said to myself. I had concussion!
Oh brother, I won't do this again!

The concussion eventually wore off. Breakfast time. I got out some Weet-Bix. I reached for the milk but I picked up the water and instead of grabbing the sugar I grabbed the xylitol. I poured the water over the Weet-Bix and sprinkled the xylitol over it. Time to eat. I ate a piece of Weet-Bix. "PFFFFFT, YUCK!!!" I screamed. "MUM!" "What?" she asked. "Where's the milk and sugar?" "We've run out she replied. "You'll have to go with water and Xylitol." I ate the rest of my Weet-Bix.
Oh brother, I won't do this again!

When I finished my breakfast, I bumped my nose on the bottom of the bowl. The pain was terrible. "YOOOOW!!" I screamed. "MUM!!" "What now?" she asked. "I've got a bleeding nose! I can't be like this for the school photos!" She comes in. "Goodness me!" she says. "It's bleeding hard out! How did you do it?" "I bumped it on the bottom of my bowl!" I screamed. "Get a damp flannel and put it under your nose" she said.
Oh brother, I won't do this again!

My nose stopped bleeding later. I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I picked up a toothpaste tube tube but it was melted ice cream! As I put the tooth brush in my mouth, the ice cream fell off. "PFFFFFT, YUCK!!!" I screamed. There was none of my toothpaste left so I had to use my brother's toothpaste.
Oh brother, I won't do this again!

I'm at school before my photo. I'm at the top. I start to sniffle, then I become unconscious. I faint one second before the photo is taken. Half a second after the photo is taken, everybody hears  a loud CRASH! and everybody sees me, fainted behind the photo thing.
Oh brother, I won't do this again!

When I wake up again, I realise I am in hospital. The doctor comes in and says "You're good to go." Five minutes later I'm back in my own house. Everything was back to normal!
What a relief!
Mathias











7 comments:

  1. I liked this story a lot. This boy could be an author one day! The story reminded me of a book called 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' written by Judith Viorst. Do you have more stories like this in your classroom? Could you publish them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mathias I like the way that you had lots of punctuation. Ezrah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What and interesting story, I couldn't stop reading it until the end just to make sure you got through your day in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story Mathias! I loved the way that you used lots of detail. Keep up the great story!😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly (Mathias' mum)11/05/2014 8:31 am

    Great story Mathias, it made me laugh. Will you be missing from your class photo when we get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I hope he won't be missing front he photo. Oh brother, this couldn't happen, could it?

      Delete
  6. What a funny story Mathias - very entertaining! The Dream Team really enjoyed reading it this morning. Thanks for sharing it on your blog. I was especially impressed with your punctuation. Well done :) From Mrs Maloney and The Dream Team

    ReplyDelete