Friday 5 June 2015

Check out some fantastic writing in Team Tekau!



Penguin Escape

One cold morning Mrs and Mr Penguin were minding their own business catching fish in the Antarctic Ocean. When they got out of the ocean the leader penguin said their babies were hatching out of their eggs. Mr and Mrs Penguin headed over to the great eggs nest. The egg started cracking and out came the cutest little face you would ever see. Mr and Mrs Penguin too the greatest care of the little penguin. Finally Mrs Penguin found a name for the baby penguin, it was Franky.

Two Years Later...

Franky was old enough to find some fish for himself but he would have to have his parents come with him. Franky was having a great time in the Antarctic Ocean and he saw a fish, "Look! look!" he yelled to Mr and Mrs Penguin but Franky's mum and dad saw a different fish. All three of them swam after their fish. Franky caught hold of his fish but when he turned around there wasn't anyone following him. Franky was lost in the middle of nowhere! Night was coming so Franky saw some seaweed to sleep in. Franky was terrified. In the morning Franky was feeling better but he had company. Suddenly there was a flash of movement. Something fast and grey was circling him. Snap! Snap, Snap, Snap went the jaws and a leopard seal chased Franky around and around, then Devil the leopard seal swallowed Franky whole! But that was not the end. Luckily Devil swallowed Franky so fast he didn't get to chew. Franky felt disgusting green slop all around him and dead fish. All Franky's feathers were getting slimy. "Wait a minute, feathers could help me" said Franky. He started tickling Devil the leopard seal with his feathers. Devil was roaring with laughter and Franky went flying out of Devils mouth and as quick as a flash he zoomed off! Then he bumped into something. It was Franky's parents!

Written by Milly
Edited by Milly and Miss Birrell

9 comments:

  1. I love your story Milly. From kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name Franky.FROM kYLA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an exciting story Milly! You obviously worked hard on your plan and thought about all the action that would take place. I loved the way Franky was about to tickle his way out of that leopard seal's mouth! Very clever writing - you should be very proud of this story. I can see your next step will be working on paragraphs. Keep up the great work Milly! From Mrs Perry :) 👍🏽

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible story Milly I can imagine you writing hundreds of fabulous stories when your older keep up the great work. From Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Milly-you have worked so hard on your story to make it entertaining and fun to read. I had so many images in my head when I was reading your fabulous writing. My favourite part of your story was the sentence 'Something fast and grey was circling him' . I felt very worried when I read that! Super duper effort. Miss Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your story Milly. Every time I read your story I can't wait to see what happens next in the next line. Well done. From Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the parents were excited to see there new baby. Amazing story Milly. From Tihei

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done milly your story was AMAZING and it blew me away.
    From Ella

    ReplyDelete