Thursday 4 September 2014

Surgical Success

George is recovering well following surgery last night to mend his exposed spinal column. Dr Milo used a large needle and embroidery thread to close the gaping wound in his back. Anaesthetist Dr Cocoa assisted and said "Everything went as planned and it took about 15 mins to complete the stitches." George was resting comfortably with a banana and looking forward to being back in Room 10 soon.

A large needle and embroidery thread do the trick!
George's heart rate and blood pressure are monitored in the recovery area
George rests before returning to school

9 comments:

  1. I am sooooooo happy to be coming back to school today! Feeling much better and hoping that someone who can give me lots of TLC takes me home this weekend. Oh, they need to have a good supply of bananas as well! Love George :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh George! You had better not spill that water bottle! That would be a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it was a zippy bottle with a straw so I managed it. Thanks for your concern Mathias!

      Delete
  3. George, how long did it take you to go to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anaesthetist, Dr Cocoa gave me a special anaesthetic called a spinal block so I wouldn't feel any pain. I wasn't actually put to sleep which means less complications. I was very brave! From George

      Delete
  4. Welcome back George. Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace - I was really happy to be back today. I know Aradia will take care of me this weekend :)

      Delete
  5. Wow what cool photos of George. Bianca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca. I am very photogenic. Have you noticed I always have a smile on my dial? Lol... :)

      Delete