Sunday 11 May 2014

Bike Track Ceremony by Mathias


Today at 10.00am we went out onto the field for our bike track opening ceremony. There was a long yellow ribbon between two bikes. Amy, the NZ under 15 BMX champ was there. She did a couple of laps around the pump track. Next Jayden cut the ribbon with Craig Foss because it was his birthday. Ma Hora led 35 kids around the distance track. Then some sponsors rode some bikes around the pump and skills track. Before we went to morning tea there were helmets that spelled WOW on the cricket pitch. We had a photo under the helmets. To finish off the day everyone made a bicycle wheel. Today has been fantastic!
Ma Hora

6 comments:

  1. Kelly (Mathias' mum)5/15/2014 7:34 pm

    Great story Mathias, lots of details about the opening of the bike track. Sounds like a fantastic day indeed. Have you ridden on the track yet ? (during school time I mean)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mum we have ridden on the track . I wanted a blue helmet and I got one. I had to have a big red bike because I am very tall. I liked everything,especially the pump track.

      Delete
  2. Anna Whitten5/15/2014 7:55 pm

    Sounds like a great day Mathias. Your Mum used to have a bike like the one in the picture! I look forward to reading more of your stories. Aunty Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super reporting Mathias ! What a wonderful day you all had. I bet the sponsors loved the awesome artworks you presented to them! Granny & grandad xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great that so many of your family check out our blog and take the time to comment on your writing Mathias! Thank you so much to everyone in Mathias's whanau. Mathias you are a very capable writer and are making super progress. Keep it up! Hey, did you ever finish that story you started at your other school? I would love to have you share it with the class so let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Ma Hora the clown was Mrs Arnold? from Destiny

    ReplyDelete