Sunday 2 March 2014

Good Fit Book Boxes...

We are learning how to choose 'good fit' books. Just like shoes, books need to be the right fit. Mrs Perry bought some of her shoes to school to show us that just as shoes have different purposes so do books. We might choose a book about fishing if that interests us or a book of jokes to read for fun. We are learning that we need to understand the books we read and know most of the words so that we enjoy them and have fun reading. Nina and Mrs Perry swapped shoes but they couldn't walk in each others shoes for long as they were not the right fit.
Everyone in Room 10 is setting up their own reading box with books that are a good fit. We know this will help us become more fluent, confident, accurate readers and that we will have fun reading.
Good fit books are just as important as good fit shoes!

11 comments:

  1. I like your shoes they are pretty from bostyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bostyn! I really have a 'thing' for shoes and LOVE to go shoe shopping. Do you have a favourite pair of shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your shoes mrs pery they are fancy

      Delete
  3. I love your shoes mrs Pery they are fabulous and fancy from Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your shoes mrs perry they are cool from Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Mrs Perry! Your shoes look awesome and flashy. From Jordan and Evangelina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan & Evangelina. Some of my shoes are very flashy. I don't think my gumboots are though!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Mrs Perry your shoes look awesome. We like those slippers because they have colourful circles on them. By Aradia & Reicoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reicoe and Aradia. My slippers are my favourite thing to wear when I get home from work because they are so soft, snuggly and comfy. Here's an idea… if your mum needs some slippers, gather some for Mother's Day or her birthday. I bet she'll be super happy if you do!

      Delete
  7. I will bring my slippers every day. The first day I bought them (17.4) everybody laughed and called me monster feet. And I thought that was not cool. It made me feel upset

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your shoes looks colourful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete